If I do it that way, then I can successfully get a post up! I have plenty to say, but not plenty of time to say it. And when I have the time, I’m tired. So if I make it easy, then it at least lets you know I’m alive and why it is that I can’t get it together enough to blog.
- SCHOOL IS OVER!!! If you haven’t been reading along, you need to know that we participated in a homeschool co-op this year, which translated to four hours, four days a week, and 28 lunches a week! I have much to say about why I am excited about it being over, starting with the lunches, but that is for another post, when there is more time. It boils down to the fact that co-ops are not for us right now.
- We are more than halfway through birthday season. One next week, and another two weeks from now, and we are done with the kids’ birthdays until December, when lonesome ‘ol Tipper will turn one.
- Earnhart has allergies, confirmed by a not-so-pleasant test where they poked his back in about 16 places and inserted allergens, along with three shots in the arm with higher concentrations of some allergens. No dogs, cats, dust mites, red oak trees, and ragweed for this boy. Yep, we covered spring and fall, along with some year round loveliness, on top of the eczema we treat with tons of stuff daily. Poor kid.
- We have a summer roomie. Our children’s ministry intern for the last three years, and our friend and occasional babysitter, is crashing with us over the summer, and we are all quite happy with the arrangement. And, I know what you are thinking, but no, she doesn’t babysit for us all the time. She’s done it once in the three weeks she’s been here. We refuse to take advantage of her!
- We are going with a Charlotte Mason approach to homeschooling next year, and we can’t wait! That lady was so smart, and I am enjoying reading through her works.
- Superman will be teaching a class in the next couple of weeks. He’s excited about getting started, and we hope this is a door to something new and different for all of us, but especially him.
- We are making progress on the home front, but there is still much to do. We moved one year ago this weekend, and there are things that still have not been put in place. The pregnancy, c-section, and part-time teaching job, on top of the full-time mommy ‘o 7 job kind of delayed getting settled.
- We have a vacation planned for September. It’s the first official vacation we’ll have taken since I was pregnant with Earnhart over four years ago. We planned it for Destin, so we’re really hoping that the oil spill gets resolved (for many reasons, but selfishly, for this one).
- Tipper is getting so big! He is loving his toes and hates lying down. His abs are going to be rock hard from all his attempts to get out of the infant carrier!
- Smiley has officially aged out of Babies Can’t Wait. I love that organization and what it has done to help my kids.
- I love my family, even though caring for them is so much work right now. I would not trade my babies for a second of anything else. I am soooo excited about our new school plans and can’t wait to get started.
- We started doing some read-aloud with the whole family today. We’ll be reading Little House in the Big Woods (1st of the Prairie series) at lunch and The Chronicles of Narnia after bath time in our big King-sized bed, which doesn’t feel so big with everyone piled on it! These will be such fun adventures for us to take together!
- Picasso has lost her two front teeth. She is so adorable!
- The girls are finally riding bikes without training wheels. Woo-hoo!!!
That’s the best I can do today. Don’t give up on me. I’ll get this thing on a schedule with the laundry and other stuff, as soon as I get all that on a schedule! 🙂