I’ve tried to post and just can’t ever seem to finish one. Either something interrupts or I can’t find the words. Or, I feel super guilty about all the other things I SHOULD be doing and I just shut down the computer. In order to complete this post and move on to the other stuff, I’m going to use the bullets today.
- Lots of stress at Superman’s job. After being told a few months ago that his hours and time at the bank were up to him, as long as work was done and boss-man could get what he needed, he got a complete 180, with his boss demanding that we do some soul-searching and decide if he still wants the job. Ummm, okay?
- Our tenant is not renewing her lease in our old house, and she gave us a September move out date, which we found out last night is being moved up to July 31st.
- Our neighbor hates our yard and came over at bedtime one night to tell us. When SM said he couldn’t talk to him at the moment, he decided to come back a few days later at a very inconvenient time (see below).
- SM went into the hospital with severe swelling and shortness of breath. After being told at one hospital that his vitals were fine and he’d have to wait behind the other 11 people in the ER, we left and went to a different ER the next morning. They admitted him and discovered three days later that he has post-strepococcal glomerianephritis, a condition rare in folks his age where the antibodies produced to fight the strep overload the kidneys, which fights and creates the high blood pressure, which led to the swelling. Weird, but that’s the way we roll.
- We had to cancel the autistic child’s birthday party because of all of this. She’s handled it well, but it still sucks.
- While SM was on his way home, the neighbor visited again. After explaining our situation, he refused to leave me alone and left our conversation about my BACK yard with the statement that I gave new meaning to the word trash.
- In the meantime, the laundry is backed up, the stuff I brought home from the preschool still needs to be organized and put away for us to use around here, and I am just plain exhausted. The boys are constantly at each other, and the baby doesn’t like to be put down right now.
- I’m experiencing dizzy spells, I think due to dehydration. My mom thinks I’m pregnant again, which the boss who “didn’t sign up for seven kids” and the neighbor who hates looking at our outside toys will just love to know, if that is the case. I’m hoping I’m just dehydrated.
- The good news is that SM starts to teach his class at our local college tonight, which he is nervous about, but oh so excited!
For now, I’m praying for contentment through all of this mess. I am also praying that SM will kn0ck the ball out of the park with this teaching gig and get offered a full time job doing it. If you’ve got a minute in your day (I know they are hard to find in mine), then pray with me, please.
And just to leave you smiling after such an overwhelming post, a picture…